Providing comprehensive hygienist services in Egham, Surrey.
At Crown House Dental Practice in Egham, we place a strong emphasis on prevention of dental disease. We have two Hygienists that work at the practice who care for our team.
On Monday’s we have Zahra Al-Basri, who looks after our periodontal treatment patients.
On Wednesdays and Fridays we have Ziville Zuokaite, occasionally you will see her at the practice on a Thursday as well, she looks after our Oral Health maintenance patients.
Gum disease or periodontal disease is still the major reason that adults lose teeth so we work hard with you to manage your gum disease and prevent loss of teeth.
We also know that prevention of gum disease is also important and has links with other diseases such as heart disease and diabetes. By improving your general dental health we can help you improve your overall general medical health too.
Tooth decay can also be prevented by good diet, good dental hygiene and occasionally using preventive treatments such as fluoride applications or fissure sealants.
The majority of this work is carried out by our Dental Hygiene Therapist.
Our Team can :-
- Advise of the best method for cleaning that suits you - not all methods are right for you.
- Educate you as to the nature of gum disease and how to prevent it.
- Give you a home maintenance plan to manage your gum health - one that you can follow and stick to.
- Treat your gum disease through thorough deep cleansing, comfortably, using anaesthetic gels where necessary.
- Clean and polish your teeth.
- Apply fluoride and other medicines when required to your gums and teeth.
- Provide fissure sealants to prevent decay - usually in children.
- Take x-rays when necessary.
- Whiten your teeth using safe, reliable tooth whitening methods.
All preventive treatments also require a large input from you, our patient. We will help give you the correct information and advice for you to improve your dental and gum health. We will ensure you have a programme that you can use every day and that works for you by reassessing at regular review visits.
Appointments are £48.00 for a 30 minute session.