11 Jul How Could Dental Implants Benefit You?
The latest options for replacing missing teeth.
Here at Crown House Dental, we want you to have confidence in your smile. For this reason, we use some of the most modern dental treatments in-house; available for you, our valued patients.
One of the most revolutionary procedures we offer is the dental implant and at our Egham dentist, we are lucky to have implant surgeon Dr Raj Joshi who has a special interest in this particular field.
What Is A Dental Implant & How Does It Work?
Before we list the benefits of this special treatment, you may want to know exactly what a dental implant is and how it works. A dental implant is a device that is like a screw, made from high-grade titanium. It is implanted underneath your gum, to enable it to fuse to the bone. The correct terminology for this process is ‘osseointegration’. This process can take up to three months to achieve and may take longer where preparation processes are required for patients who may need bone grafts to support the structure.
Once this process has finished, the implant can support a crown, or a bridge if it is linked to another implant. We provide a wide range of implant solutions depending on the patient and their particular needs. Most patients are suitable for the process, but not all, so a detailed consultation and examination is required initially.
The Benefits Of A Dental Implant
A dental implants truly is one of the most cutting edge treatments available within dentistry today. At our Egham dentist we are proud to offer this treatment, and we also understand it is still relatively new to many people. Indeed many patients aren’t yet aware of the solution, only traditional methods such as dentures and bridges. This is exciting, because it means there are so many people yet to have their lives changed by this incredible dental technology. Perhaps you could be one of those people too?
Here are just some of the benefits of a dental implant, and how they could benefit you:
● They have a tremendous ability to completely transform the way a person looks. They improve aesthetics and enable those who have them to smile with complete confidence.
● They help speech improve because there is no fear of showing teeth, or of dentures moving around or any teeth falling out.
● They help you regain your confidence and self-esteem because you don’t need to hide your smile anymore. No more chipped teeth or missing teeth.
● They can help with things like dating or getting a job – some people really struggle to move forward in life because of their smile. A dental implant really can help people embrace a new life.
● They enable you to enjoy your favourite foods again! Removable dentures are restricting, whereas dental implants enable you to have teeth that are like real teeth.
● They are the only form of dental restoration which actually stimulates and preserves the original bone, so patients avoid losing bone in the jaw.
● They help protect the remaining original teeth which would move over time if gaps are left.
● They are extremely strong and can last you for a lifetime, so you don’t need to worry about replacing them regularly.
● They are extremely convenient – no having to take the teeth out at night or clean them.
● They are useful for all kinds of issues – from missing one tooth, to an entire arch, dental implants can help ‘fill in the gaps’ wherever you need them to.
Call Your Egham Dentist Today For More Information
If you are interested in getting dental implants at our friendly TW20 clinic, please call us on 01784432641 and we will be pleased to book a consultation for you.